Saturday, March 1, 2008

2008 Boston Homebrew Competition

Today's Boston Homebrew Competition was a great event. Michael Fairbrother, Dan Hall, David Rosenbaum, Todd and I were all on hand to help the Wort Processors with the judging and stewarding duties. The official results will be posted on the competition site soon. One of the competition organizers was kind enough to share preliminary results with me so I could put them here on our blog right away. Eleven brews made by 5 BFD members placed. (The beer names are based on my notes scribbled on the back of a judging sheet - not the Wort Processors paper work.)

First Place
Jim Prucha - Schwartzbier
Jim Prucha - American Brown
Michael Robinson - Bock
Bill Herlicka - Specialty beer (aged in scotch barrel)
Todd Russell - Porter

Second Place
Lyn Howard - American Pale Ale
Michael Robinson - Kolsch
Michael Robinson - Baltic Porter
Michael Robinson - American Barley Wine

Third Place
Todd Russell - Saison
Michael Robinson - Old Ale

2 comments:

David R said...

I was lucky enough to try Bill Herlicka's specialty entry and Mike Robinson's Baltic Porter. Excellent beers!

Congrats to all the BFD winners!

David

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the brew. I entered a Russian Imperial Stout aged in barrels I had prepped with a scotch prior to aging.

Cheers

Bill